Sunday, January 25, 2009

Happy 1-Year Blog-iversary to me!

It just occurred to me that yesterday was the 1-year anniversary of my garden blog. I cannot believe a whole year has already passed! And what a great year it has been. I had no idea when I started this garden blog thing that I was joining such an amazing group of people. And the people of the Austin garden blogger community really are the best! Thanks to everyone for making me feel at home here, including me in all the functions (even though my schedule has not allowed me to attend any yet), and leaving such wonderful comments all the time. Here's to another great year!

And now on to the garden observations for this 25th day of January:

It has been a very warm and dry year so far.I think we have only had a couple days where it was in the upper 20's and only a couple more days where it barely froze overnight. I have many bulbs popping up everywhere and the southern grape hyacinths have begun to bloom.

Daffodils 'Thalia' poking up:



Southern Grape Hyacinth:



The trees all think it is spring already. The Texas Ash is starting to break out the leaves:



The Anacacho Orchid Tree only lost half its leaves this year remaining semi-evergreen and I now am noticing new leaf and flower buds starting to form:



I am also noticing that the leaf buds on Texas Oak are starting to swell up already:



Spring is coming early this year. They say La Nina is back in action. I better get out and plant those Sugar Ann Peas and St. Valery Carrot seeds post-hasty like!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy blogiversary to you! I'm glad you're part of the Austin garden-blogging community, and I hope to meet you at one of the get-togethers eventually.

Iris said...

Congratulations on your 1st blogiversary! And thanks for reminding me that I have an inherited grape hyacinth I need to water.

Annie in Austin said...

Happy first blogiversary, Lee17- it's been fun getting to know you through your blog and like Pam, also hope there are real-life meetings in your future.

Annie at the Transplantable Rose

Anonymous said...

Hip-Hip-Hooray! may you have many more.
I have enjoyed the read.
ESP.