Sunday, February 21, 2010

Signs of Spring

Yesterday it was cloudy and misty, today it is sunny and 72. Spring is on its way, but we have some more hard freezes coming up next week to get through before it arrives. Nevertheless the narcissus, tulips, and hyacinth are beginning to bloom.

Spider web drenched with mist:



Various narcissus and crocus. The crocus are 'Tommies' and are new this year; so it will be interesting to see if they return in future years.:











Southern grape hyacinth. I cannot believe these made it though the scorched, baked, parched hell that was last summer, but here they are!:



New this year Yellow Species Tulips. So pretty!:







I'm sure almost all of these blooms are gonna freeze this next week, but for now they are providing me with an early spring show.

5 comments:

Nola said...

I had to laugh yesterday; it was 68 degrees outside and I got an email weather update that we were under a winter storm watch! Nowhere else but Texas!

Lee17 said...

Yeah, right?!? My tulips likely will be covered in snow tomorrow! :)

Diana said...

Love all your bulbs - especially the species tulips. The deer will eat them out front or the dog will eat them out back, so I haven't found a place for them yet. Seeing yours makes me want to create a safe spot!

Rock rose said...

All those lovely spring blooms. I was introduced to species tulips last year and have fallen in love with them. Do you know the name of the yellow one? What is wrong with our weather this year. Sunny and warm one day, freezing cold the next, then wet- I hear the rain coming down this morning. Oh well the garden needed some more.

Lee17 said...

Lancashire rose,

The yellow one is a Flourentine Tulip. ;)