Friday, December 4, 2009

All So Very Anti-climatic...

All week the local weather stations have been making a big old ta-do about the weather and all this snow we may receive, and, drumroll please.....

This was the monster snow-storm:



No, really, there is snow in the photo. Click on it to enlarge, and look very, very closely. There it is! Snow flurries! Yep - we ended up getting light snow flurries for about an hour and that was it. It was all very anti-climatic.

And I had my Snow Ice-Cream recipe all ready and waiting too.

Snow Ice Cream

Ingredients:

8 cups snow
1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Directions:

Place snow into a large bowl. Pour condensed milk over and add vanilla. Mix to combine. Serve immediately in bowls.

Oh well, No snow ice cream and no snowman for me. Guess I'll go purchase 3 sno-cones and stack them atop each other and pretend it snowed. Sigh.

4 comments:

Iris said...

I appreciate your recipe anyway! We only had about 20 minutes of VERY light flurries this afternoon. Oh well, I'm still glad I covered a bunch of stuff for tonight's (alleged) freeze...

ConsciousGardener said...

I wish we had snow, and not the nasty freeze that has left my garden looking like mush. I'll have to try that recipe if ever we do get 'real' snow.

Lee17 said...

Iris,

Yeah, if it ever snows enough around here, try the recipe as it is really yummy. I used to like making it when I was a kid :)

Lee17 said...

Consciousgardener,

I know, right? My garden has all turned to mush, too. I was hoping for a coating of snow to help protect the plants from the hard freeze, but no such luck. Oh well.